2019/2020 “Silver Dollar RC” Dirt Oval Rule Book
Silver Dollar RC DIRT OVAL “RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE”
We are a privately run Race track operating at a privately owned facility. If we feel a racer and his/her actions are detrimental to our sport and racing community, we can and will refuse race entry and participation.
*** Final decisions regarding rules interpretation are solely at the discretion of the RaceDirector ***
Each racer will participate in two heat races. All first round heat racers will be randomly sorted, and all heat races will use a rolling start. Heat races will be resorted when needed and time allows between rounds based on the most laps in least time. The fastest racers from round one will be resorted together and will make up the “A-Heat” of round #2. After the resort, you will be sorted into a heat with racers who performed similar to your first round time if time allows for this.
All classes will run 40 lap mains events. The six-eight racers depending on track size in each class with the fastest single round times will qualify straight into the A-Main. The next six-eight will be in the B-Main, etc… Top 2 finishers in each lower main will bump up to the next higher main.
MAIN EVENT GRID LINEUP:
All main events will be lined up according to qualifying position. Lower main transfer drivers will start in the back 2 spots. If a racer cannot make the call for a Main Event, his/her position will be left open, and they will receive the last place points for the main event they were scheduled to race in. There will be no alternates, and we will start in missing man formation. The racer earned that spot, and will not lose it.
During practice there will be no driving from the back stretch or of putting cars on the track at that part of the track. Drivers should be on the driver stand during practice so that they can call out their car stuck on the track and to hear other drivers as well call out their car.
Turn marshal may not work in or repair cars. All cars must enter and exit the racing surface via the pit lane or designated on/off areas at all times. Nay cars damaged and placed in the infield will remain there until the race is over. All drivers must turn marshal the race immediately following their race. All cars will be made available for tech inspection before and after each race. Once a car has gone through tech before the race is must go directly to the track and not to the pit area. All cars must have a personal transponder, or it will not be scored.
10 cars maximum per heat race and Main Event. There will be no fewer than 2 rounds of heat races, unless poor weather or other uncontrollable circumstances arise.
In the event that laps may have been missed by the scoring system, please let the race director know IMMEDIATELY after the race in question. The race director, will investigate the situation. It is a judgement call for the race director, based on several factors, including but not limited to: if the system has been having issues or not, and if the race director witnessed the missed laps. If the race director does not witness missed laps first hand, the only other method to be awarded all appropriate laps is to have video evidence of the race to verify lap totals/timing. It is the racers responsibility to have transponders in perfect working order. The race director will do everything possible to ensure proper scoring in any event, but a non-scoring transponder is not the race director’s fault.
Silver Dollar RC RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER:
Silver Dollar RC rules are based on the DODC rules for 10th scale classes. http://www.dirtoval.com/.
There are a few minor additions to the rule books, and these additions are to help adapt the rules to our race program. If the rule book does not specifically say you can do something, either assume that you cannot, or ask an official for a clarification or legality of what you would like to do. Any attempt to cheat the rules or to do anything that is not within the “Spirit of the Rules” may be deemed illegal at any time. No silicone capped or rubber capped tires are legal for competition in any class.
TIRE ADDITIVES AND WARMERS:
Doping of tires will be permitted. All tires MUST be wiped clean prior to being set on the track. If your car leaves obvious tire marks on the track you may be DQ.
· All vehicles entered is a 2wd class must be rear wheel drive only.
· All cars must have a front bumper that is made of a shock absorbing material e.g. nylon, Delrin, plastic, etc.
· Front bumpers must be mounted in such a way that they will contact an object prior to any other portion of the car in a front impact. (for turn marshal safety)
· All cars must have 4 wheel independent suspension.
· All cars must have single speed transmission ONLY
· All Mod bodies, sprint car bodies and cages must resemble contemporary full cars racing in the “World of Outlaws” and “Dirt” sanctioned events.
· All corners of bodies and wings must be rounded or cut at a 45 degree for safety.
· All classes have a wheelbase of a minimum, maximum or both rule. (Check under vehicle class rules)
· Some classes will have motor and tires rule.
· 13.5/Mod Sprint Car: Minimum Weight 56 oz-1588 grams (race ready)
· Wingless Sprint Car: Minimum Weight 53oz-1530 grams (race ready)
· SC Modified: Minimum Weight 93oz-2637 grams (race ready)
· Spec Mod: Minimum Weight??
· Sprint Car (Nitro): Minimum Weight 60oz-1700 grams
· All cars must have a scale appearing roll cage, hood, side panels, nerf bars and bumpers.
· Minimum of a 4 post cage required that resembles a drivers cock pit.
· All electronics, radio gear, fuel tanks must be positioned inside the cage side frames. Three dimensional scale appearing exhaust headers are recommended, but not mandatory.
· Rear cage side panels may be used but may not extend more the .250” beyond rear cage frame.
· No Lexan or any other material may be mounted to nerf bars, bumpers, cage, wig or any other parts of the car that will trap, alter or direct air flow for the purpose of gaining an aerodynamic advantage.
· Wheelbase must be within 9.50” and 11.50”. Max width is 10.00”
· Must have appropriate opening on both sides of cage in driver compartment, forward portion of side panels can be no taller than highest point of the hood.
-Maximum length: 11.00”
-Maximum width of hood: 3.60”
-Maximum cage width at driver halo, down tubes, and top frame rail: 3.60”
-Minimum vertical gap form top of hood to front cage crossbar: .750”
-Wing minimum height at leading edge: 5.00” front bottom of chassis.
· Center sections and side panels must be made from at least 3 separate pieces of polycarbonate or carbon material. (NO ALUM side panels allowed)
· All corners and edges must be rounded or cut 45 degrees free from sharp edges.
· Main and Front wings must be mounted so that they are centered on cage, no offset wings.
· Wing center sections must have all 4 corners set a 90 degree angles, no canted or angled panels.
· Wings must also be mounted level from side to side
· Center section of wing may not extend beyond leading or trailing edge of die panels.
· Side panels must have braces that hold side panels rigid 90 degrees to center section during race conditions, two braces are required from top of the center foil to the left sideboard and two braces are permitted below the center foil to the right sideboard.
· Braces can be a maximum of .750” wide and front edge of the front brace must be no more than 1.5” back from the side panel leading edge. Side panels may have a front, back, top and bottom turnout of no more than .375” and included in max dimension. Flat foil center sections will be allowed .250” turndown at the leading edge.
· Wing size used will be 7×7. Driver numbers must be posted on each side of the side panels of the wing.
· Any ROAR APPROVED brushless motor (No KV equivalent motors allowed)
· Any ROAR APPROVED ESC may be used in any mode (Blinky or Open Timing)
· Any ROAR APPROVED 2 cell LiPo hard case battery max charge 8.44 Volts
· Tires will be Rubber buggy tires ONLY on 2.0 or 2.2 wheels.
13.5 WINGED SPRINT
· ROAR approved 13.5 turn sensored brushless motor
· Any ROAR APROVED ESC must be run in Blinky mode only
· Any ROAR APPROVED 2 cell LiPo hard case battery max charge 8.44 Volts
17.5 WINGED SPRINT
· Trinity Equalizer fixed timing 17.5 turn sensored brushless motor
· Any ROAR APROVED ESC mst be run in Blinky mode only
· Any ROAR APPROVED 2 cell LiPo hard case battery max charge 8.44 Volts
SHORT COURSE OPEN MODIFIED
· Any 2wd Short Course truck based chassis
· Rear or Mid motor will be allowed
· Mandatory that all Batteries must run down the center line of the vechicle
· No off set chassis/batteries/suspension
· Wheel base 12.75” to 13.50”
· Width 11.00” to 11.75”
SC MOD BODY
· Must look like USMTS, UMO, or IMCA dirt modified.
· Body must cover both rear wheels, but must expose the entire tire, No skirting/shielding of the rear tire
· Front wheels must remain completely open and visible.
· Max body dimensions: Width 13” Height 8”
· Max overall length of body including spoiler 26.50”.
· All bodies must have a number on the roof and on both drivers and passenger side door.
· Rear bumpers re required
· Front bumper is highly recommended. If no bumper is used, then the front nose must not be a sharp or pointy object and must be able to absorb contact.
· You are able to fabricate your own body if you’d like but let’s stay within the spirit of realistic
looking bodies without crazy aero.
FRONT SPOILERS & WINGS
· Front nose may have dams on L & R or any single side .400” high .250 kick in any angle .650” Max Height
· Top of nose attached to hood, a wicker bill may be .150” max allowed. (Any kick Angle)
REAR SPOILERS & WINGS
· Read Deck spoiler may have a .25” maximum kick up or down allowed
· Rear spoiler allowed, not to exceeding 1.75” of the deck
· End caps allowed, may run center support brace
· End caps may be NO larger than 1.5” x 3” allowed.
· May use original manufacturer Short Course chassis or any designed chassis for this class will be allowed
· Electronics can be mounted on the left within the main chassis plate only. (not near laft edge of chassis)
· 4WD chassis allowed, must remove the front drive shaft & half shaft and battery must be in stock location.
· After market shocks & springs allowed
· Motor may be mid or rear motor only if original manufacturer designed it to be changed
· Any Rear toe allowed.
· Any ROAR approved 540 size motor 2 pole or 4 pole motor sensored or sensorless
· Any ROAR approved ESC can be used in any mode (Blinky or Open Timing)
· Any ROAR approve 2S LiPo battery in a manufactured hard case from the manufacturer.
· Any 2.2/3.0” SCT Style Wheels only
· Any insert manufacture allowed must be SCT insert only.
· OPEN tire rule-any manufacture allowed, must be a SCT tire /wheel/insert only.
· Inserts cannot be ground down, cut or altered in any way.
· Insets cannot be glued, taped, or attached directly to the rim.
· Grinding down, “GHOSTING” ECT of the tires is allowed.
· Cutting, narrowing, cutting inside webbing or sidewall or altering the carcass of the tire is not allowed.
· Gluing the sidewalls is not allowed.
· BOX STOCK Traxxas Slash chassis will be allowed to race. No LCG chassis allowed in Spec Class
· Must run the stock OEM electronics (only servo, receiver and radio can be upgraded to your liking)
· Traxxas XL-5 Speed Control
· Traxxas Titan 12 turn 550 Brushed Motor
· Any ROAR approved 2 cell, 7.4volt LiPo Battery. 5000 MAH max hard case
· Any battery with labels missing, unreadable or appear to have been tampered with
or altered will not be allowed.
· Stock slash body or Shark RC Stock Car ( Spec Slash) and/or Spec Body Custom Works Tornado body (Sport Mod)
· Must run the body as manufactured. No modification allowed
· Full rear bumpers must be left intact
· Front bumper is optional and recommended.
· Must have a number on the roof and on both the driver and passenger doors.
· TRAXXAS Genuine 2.2/3.0” SCT Style wheel only allowed
· Only TRAXXS stock compound tires may be used, and must be mounted on Genuine TRAXXAS Wheel with stock inserts.
· Kit RTR Tires and pre mounted and pre-mounts are suggested. S1 compound is not permitted.
· LEGAL TIRES ( NO S1 Tires allowed):
1. TRAXXAS 5878/5879/5877/6873 BF Goodrich Mud Terrian
2. TRAXXAS 5873x/5875x Traxxas SCT Tire
3. TRAXXAS 5880/5881/5882/6874 Kumbo Road Venture MT
SPEC GEAR RATIO
· All cars must use the SPEC gear Ratio which is
1. 86 SPUR
2. 19 PINION
NO CAR MAY COMPETE WITH OUT THE SPEC ELECTRONICS (Except upgraded servo, receiver and radio), TIRES AND GEAR RATIO.
· Front Toe
· Ride Height
· Shock Oil
· Shock Piston
· Shock Limiting
· Factory Shock Locations
· Battery Location front to rear
NON ADJUSTABLE ITEMS
· All chassis’ must be raced is stock configuration, unless noted above. If it does not specifically say that you CAN do it, assume that you cannot.
· All components must remain stock EXCEPT the RPM parts for durability
· Legal RPM parts include Caster Blocks #80712, Steering Blocks #80372, and Rear Hubs #80382
· BOX STOCK Traxxas Slash chassis will be allowed to race. LCG chassis allowed in Mudboss.
· Custom Works adjustable rear control arms allowed part #3270.
· RPM off set compensating front control arms allowed part #70552.
· Any RPM 2wd Traxxas slash replacement part is allowed.
· NO Aluminum, carbon fiber or graphite parts allowed other than shock caps.
· Front stock bumper, right side nerf bar/bumper and front body post brace must be removed.
· Left side nerf bar/bumpercan be removed if desired.
· Traxxas front optional bumper can be used angled down part #2735.
· Alterations to the chassis or modifications to the drivetrain/suspension components are not allowed.
· ESC Hobbywing just stock part # 30112000 or Traxxas XL-5 part # 3018R are allowed.
· Hobbywing locked timing part #30408010 or Traxxas 12t Titan part # 3785 are allowed.
· Any ROAR approved 2S lipo battery is allowed. No shortys allowed
· Servo any servo is allowed.
· Any Traxxas 2wd slash spur gear 78/61/86/90 may be used with all transmission parts in place including the slipper.
· No modifications can be made to the stock transmission case and internal gears. RPM transmission case is allowed.
· Transmission functionality rule. Motor cannot spin while turning wheel slowly one rear wheel a full turn.
· Traxxas 2wd shocks only (Grey or Black versions) shocks must stay in front if meant for front and rear if meant for rear.
· Only Traxxas original 2wd Slash front spring #5857/P and rear spring 5858/P are allowed. No aftermarket springs allowed.
· Shock travel may be limited with internal spacers/shims
· Original pistins must be used with no modifications to piston holes
· No weight rule
· Buggy based cars
· Rear motor car weight no less than 58 oz
· Mid motor car weight no less than 63 oz
· 5000 mah amp battery max shorty packs are ok.
· Any 17.5 locked timing motor is allowed as well as stock RTR motor kits
· Spec gear ratio must be above 6.20 to 1
DODC National Rules – All Late Model, Dirt Modified, Mid-West Modified and Sprint Car bodies and cages must resemble contemporary full scale cars racing in “World of Outlaws” and “DIRT” sanctioned events. All corners of bodies and wings must be rounded for safety. All height measurements are from bottom of chassis unless otherwise noted.Molded portion of body can be no longer than 22”. An under body support may be added to brace each rear quarter panel, but must hold it in stock position, cannot be flared out. No additional wings, flaps, spoilers, wickers, vents or doohickeys will be allowed. Body may not be altered in any way from its stock configuration ie: shortened, lengthened, narrowed, flared fenders etc. Front and rear windows may be removed at trim lines but a flat Lexan or similar material deck must be added in cockpit area. Bodies with add on roofs may leave front and rear windows in or out but roofs must be mounted in stock position. All four wheel wells must be cut out to appropriate scale dimensions.
•Rear Spoiler: maximum chord from body deck including any wickerbills: 2.00″ for Foam/Street Rubber Tire 2.50″ for Buggy Tire
•Rear Spoiler End Cap: See Drawing
•Maximum rear deck height from bottom of chassis is 4.0″
Complete DODC rules pdf can be found here: DODC_rules_04-18_complete
MOTOR and ESC:
DODC Modified Motor Rules Apply
Any ESC is allowed in any mode.
2 Cell HARD CASE Lipos.